LOCAL 324 NON-FOOD SCHOLARSHIP AWARD RULES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2022
The deadline for Completed Scholarship Award Applications must be received by May 31, 2022. Downloadable documents are available at the bottom.
Who Is Eligible
1. Applicants must establish basic eligibility by applying for a scholarship award and completing the “Local 324’s Scholarship Award Application.”.
2. Those eligible to compete are current members of Local 324 working at Disney, Food 4 Less, Rancho Federal Credit Union, Americold, CVS, Kaiser Permanente, Rite-Aid, Day-lee Foods, Bridgford, El Super, Cannabis Shops, affiliated and paid-up life members, their spouses, their dependent children and stepchildren, unmarried and receiving financial support from parent(s) and who are claimed as dependent(s) with the Internal Revenue Service. Not eligible to compete would include sisters, brothers and grandchildren.
3. Additionally, any member who is eligible to compete in the Southern California UFCW and Food Employers Scholarship Award Program is not eligible for the benefit.
4. Applicants whose eligibility is based on current member status (working in the industry) can apply if they are part-time students. All other applicants must be full-time students. All Applicants will need to submit last 2 years of official transcripts or report cards or SAT scores. (These transcripts should reflect applicant’s 1st semester grades of Senior year and complete grades for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade years.)
5. Applicants must be at least seniors in high school.
6. The member whose eligibility is used cannot go suspended, take a withdrawal or transfer out of Local 324 for one full year prior to April 30, 2022. Failure to comply with these eligibility rules disqualifies the applicant.
7. Winners are selected by the Scholarship Committee based on:
- academic record
- leadership record
- community service and volunteer activities
- personal achievement
8. Awards will be made to undergraduate or graduate applicants at the sole discretion of the Committee.
9. Finalists selected by the Committee must provide proof of academic record. The following documents may be accepted as proof of attendance: enrollment verification, registration notice/statement, and current class schedule. If you are an incoming freshman, other acceptable documents are; acceptance letter and Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Additional forms will need to be completed by the applicant (blank forms to be provided by the Scholarship Committee) listing leadership activities, community service and volunteer activities, personal achievements and goals; substantiated by two teacher appraisals.
10. Awards are contingent upon the student being accepted by and registering at an accredited school.
11. Awards are determined at the discretion of the Scholarship Awards Selection Committee and its decision is final and binding.
Late applications, incomplete applications and those missing required documentation will not be considered after May 31, 2022.
Submit your application by mail or email:
8530 STANTON AVENUE
PO BOX 5004
BUENA PARK, CA 90622-5004
CLICK TO EMAIL