UPDATE July 2020
Dear brothers and sisters,
In light of ongoing developments resulting from the coronavirus, and after consulting with Local 324, I regret to inform you that the events for the rest of the year for our Retiree’s Club have been canceled. Your health and safety is our top priority. The good news is the Board of Directors have agreed to waive your 2021 dues. FREE DUES.
Next year is our 50th anniversary; we are hoping to meet. Lunch will be free as we celebrate this milestone.
Further updates as follows:
• If you purchased a 2020 March luncheon ticket, and that luncheon was canceled, you may redeem it at the July 2021 luncheon.
• The 2020 Major Fundraiser will be carried over to 2021.
• The white elephant items collected will be donated to charity.
• The Brighton bag drawing was held at the June 17th board meeting and Mary Baca won the bag.
In the meantime, please take care of yourselves and loved ones.
Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, refer to our website or call me at 714-325-2847.
Sincerely and fraternally,
Lou Cruz – President
2020 RETIREES’ CLUB ELECTED OFFICERS
- President- Lou Cruz
- 1st Vice President- Carol Cluck
- 2nd Vice President- Barbara Cortez
- Corresponding Secretary- Diana Eastman
- Recording Secretary- Mary Hulin
- Treasurer- Kay Crawford
- Sergeant-at-Arms #1- Don Tanner
- Sergeant-at-Arms #2- Allan Hesse
- Member-at-Large #1- Tom Alderson
- Member-at-Large #2- Bonnie Ladbury
- Member-at-Large #3- George Beasley
- Member-at-Large #4- Shonda Sonkar
- Member-at-Large #5- Eddie Marshall
Active Member: Any member of UFCW Local 324 who is retired; 50 years old or older; retired because of total disability, whether receiving a pension or not; and who resides within the jurisdiction of UFCW Local 324; or is a retiree from UFCW Local 324 who resides elsewhere.
Associate Member: The spouse or domestic partner of an Active Member. An Active Associate Member has all the privileges of an Active Member. (ie they can vote and can hold office as a Member-at-Large) Active Associate Members pay the same dues as Active Members.
Affiliate Member: An Affiliate Member is an individual who was active in a union affiliated with UFCW 324. (ie Teamsters, Bakery & Confection Workers, etc.) Affiliate Members pay the same dues as Active Members. Affiliate Members cannot vote or hold office.
Companion Member: This classification was established for providing a “companion” for members needing assistance and single members who wish to have a friend share with them as a companion. Companion members pay the same dues as Active Members. Companion Members cannot vote or hold office.
CLICK HERE to send a request for membership and someone will contact you.