Food Division Scholarship
Make sure you don’t miss out on this outstanding opportunity for education. Late applications, incomplete applications and those missing required documentation will not be accepted.
Application forms, Teacher Appraisal forms, Tuition Reimbursement forms, and additional information can be obtained from Local 324’s Health Benefits Department by calling 714-995-4601 option 3 or request forms on the Trust Fund’s website at: https://www.scufcwfunds.com/education/forms-documents/
Applications will be accepted starting: November 1
- Beginning November 1st, you and your eligible dependent children can apply for a Scholarship Award for the academic year starting in the fall.
- Your application and all associated documentation must be postmarked no later than February 28 to be considered for a Scholarship award for the following academic year.
- Awards are generally made by April 30.
Deadline: February 28
Who Is Eligible
You can apply for the Scholarship Award if you meet the following requirements:
- You have completed a Year of Service as of October the year before the application
- You are still actively employed in the Southern California Retail Food Industry when the awards are determined. (Example: One year of service before October 2050 if applying for an award for 2051)
- Your dependent children are eligible to apply if you have at least Three Years of Service and provided they are unmarried, less than 24 years of age, and meet other Fund qualifications, including the requirement that you be employed in the industry when the awards are determined.
- You are a full-time student seeking an undergraduate college degree or post-high school technical or vocational training.
- Selection of awards is based on candidate’s academic potential and achievement, community service record and personal accomplishments.