The first in-person negotiations between Albertsons/Vons and Ralphs and your bargaining committee – made up of your fellow coworkers and UFCW Local Unions 135, 324, 770, 1167, 1428, 1442, and 8GS – ended this week with numerous proposals exchanged and many productive discussions over the past two days. However, after much dialogue and back and forth, there is still a lot of work ahead.
We remain committed to winning a historic contract that recognizes your sacrifices and the value you bring to California communities.
A contract that:
- Provides pay that reflects your work
- Improves safety & security
- Provides sufficient staff to serve your customers
- Offers enough hours and shorter wage progressions
- Eliminates two-tier holiday schedule, vacation schedule, and Sunday pay
- Improves medical benefits
The strength and commitment of the 60,000 UFCW members represented in this contract is what makes these companies highly profitable and by standing together, we will win the great contract you have earned.
We will meet again with the Companies on February 22, 23, and 24 and will continue to keep you informed.
Join the worker action on February 28th! Click here for more information and let us know you’re coming!